Tuesday, October 1, 2019

On Days Like Today

For a long time I was afraid of her, holding the same preconceived notions that most strangers do - I even hid from her. Then a funny thing happened and we got to know each other and became friends. I started to see her through new eyes.
Now, she's my home and I've come to genuinely Love her! I wake up and she's happy to see me, when I'm hungry she provides more nourishment than I could dream of, if I'm feeling down and out she picks me up and shows me the wonders life, laughter and love, when I'm feeling alone she brings my friends to me, even ones that I hadn't previously met. When I'm with her she dazzles me with newness. She's always respected me and never tempted me with the things that earned her the moniker "Sin City". To me, she's wondrous, her beauty is raw and perfect, she is full of life and opportunity; warm, welcoming and resilient, she is constantly growing, she excites me every day...and is always, ALWAYS a lady.
Her history is so colorful and headline filled that even Rock Stars and Bikers are in awe of her, she's entertained Celebrities, Champs, Chairmen and a King, she's home to the brightest stars and billionaires, her allure is so magnetic that she pulls you into her orbit from across the globe.
She's had her fair share of tragedy, but she's always been able to get back up, compose herself and move into the future with grace.
Yes, I Love my darling Las Vegas and on days like today, she could use your thoughts and Love too! #VegasStrong




It seemed fitting to share this personal essay today that a friend and fellow Las Vegas local wrote, (with permission of course). It expresses perfectly how I also feel about this weird and WONDERFUL city that is my adopted hometown.


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of my home away from home today. My heart goes out to the victims, their families and all of you who live/work/worship and raise their kids in Las Vegas, because you were all wounded that day. It is all of you who make up the soul of Las Vegas, and it's inspiring to see you pull together to become stronger after tragedy.

    ReplyDelete