Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Men and Women Can't be Friends.....

Harry: Men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

Sally: That is not true! I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

Harry: No you dont.

Sally: Yes I do.

Harry: No you dont.

Sally: Are you saying I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: How do you know?

Harry: Because no man can truly be friends with a woman he finds attractive. He always wants to   have sex with her.

Sally: So you're saying a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them too...

     ____________________________________________________________________

(Excerpt from, "When Harry Met Sally").......a modern classic, screenplay by Nora Ephron

Nora,

I have giggled and nodded in agreement during many of your films.

I read that you wrote some of your screenplays with your sister, Delia. I've worked with my sisters too. It's the best!

Nora Ephron, Rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment