Tuesday, June 12, 2018

How Voting is Keeping Up with the Times

Did you know that now in some states you can vote while shopping or working out?

Today I voted in a state primary election and was pleased to see that my county, (Clark County, Nevada) has made it much easier to vote by installing Voting Centers everywhere!

I had over 172 choices on where to vote today and was not in any way limited to a precinct or even a section of town. Locations I could have voted included shopping malls and recreation centers in addition to the usual churches and schools.

Currently thirteen states allow jurisdiction to use these multiple voting center formats. I think this change will make a noticeable difference in the numbers who turn out to vote in ALL elections, whatever a person's political party or choices of candidates may be. 

Also, although I did not choose to vote early there were several choices for that option that were not limited to a precinct or one location. Of course you can still vote by mail if registered for that particular option, but this article is about voting in person.

I am pleased to have personally experienced this new voting process and look forward to seeing future evolution of voting procedures locally and nationwide.





No comments:

Post a Comment