Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Are you thinking of hurting yourself?


I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.

We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.

She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me....

I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.

I will never forget her,
Mick


Mick Jagger's Facebook post...March 18, 2014


L'Wren Scott

Many people think that if someone is beautiful, famous or perceived to be successful, they don't hurt like everybody else. Everyone has struggles and feelings. That is the common denominator in all of us.

Thank you Mick Jagger for posting this tribute to your girlfriend of ten years, L'Wren Scott.

I am re-posting it in my blog because maybe someone who is thinking of hurting themselves will read it and ask for help.

As hard as it is to talk about something like contemplating suicide everyone should know they can reach out to friends and family. A message to those friends and family, if someone who is depressed, stressed or suffering does reach out to you please don't scoff at it or say they are being ridiculous. This could be your only chance to help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment