Sunday, September 15, 2013

Expecting the Unexpected


I had an audition the other day for a newscaster role in an upcoming film.  The project is called, The Red Man and is currently in pre-production so minor script and character changes are still being made. 

When I got into the audition room I was asked to read (on the spot) for another character in addition to the one I was given beforehand. In this business I find I always have to keep an open mind and be flexible, (sometimes it's almost unbelievable how much), but it had been awhile since this had happened. 

Ironically though, the unexpected role ended up being an even better audition piece than the other part I already knew about and prepared for, because this character was even more my type!

This audition reminded me that it really is important to be flexible and open minded because it keeps me tuned into what is really going on in any life situation and how to make the best of it by looking at possibility, rather than preset expectations.

"If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, 
for it is not to be reached by search or trail."  
- Heraclitus 


Photo...www.bingimages.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment