Monday, February 11, 2013

Art in Everyday Life

Art is a diverse range of human activities and
the products of those activities.

To me, many things can be practical and artistic at the same time.....

The arch of a doorway, an iron gate, a bridge, a curved staircase, intricate crown molding on a ceiling, a window that catches the light "just so".....whenever I notice something like this it makes me smile and takes me away a bit.

In fact Architecture is often included as one of the visual arts. A perfect example of this to me is The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. On one of my recent visits, I kept having to remind myself it's not a gallery. Sure feels like one to me. A gallery exhibiting....."itself!"


While there I met Photographer, Michael Shaner, who was equally impressed. He was kind enough to share these photos with me to include in my video below.

Art in Everyday Life...The Smith Center, Las Vegas






The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, previous blog articles......

http://hollywoodunderdog.blogspot.com/2012/03/time-flies.html

http://hollywoodunderdog.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-story-behind-storywicked.html


www.thesmithcenter.com












No comments:

Post a Comment