Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First my cat, now Elizabeth Taylor

It's a week of loss. First my kitty passed away Sunday.....very sad about that. Then this morning Elizabeth "Violet Eyes" Taylor. My cat picked good company to pass away with I suppose." Two more beautiful souls up in heaven.

This weekend I am judging a pageant...."Distinguished Young Woman" which used to be called "International Junior Miss" since it was founded in the 1950's. The name has changed along with some other re-branding to go with the changing of the times. Should be interesting.
I like the emphasis on scholarships and community service.

I hate it when I head towards my kitty's room and then realize she's gone...sometimes it's hard to remember....it happened so fast. One day she was well, the next day dying. Life is fragile. Good to remember this, "don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff!"

Looking forward to standing in for some top notch performers next week at the Academy of Country Music Awards. This is always a fulfilling experience on many levels. I am so close, dancing on stage with Brooks and Dunn, singing "The house that built me" for Miranda Lambert...ok, the mic was not on that time...accepting an award for Lady Antebellum :)

Trying to decide if I should go from my dark blonde to a tint of red or strawberry so I can be Reba and Faith Hill, yes I wear many hats....love it! It was not my "Hollywood Dream" to be a professional rehearsal actress, but it's interesting where life takes you...

Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor....if you need someone to pass along that 33 carat Krupp diamond to...I would be honored!......

No comments:

Post a Comment